By purchasing a Merlin Entertainments Group Annual Pass you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions of use as amended from time to time. In addition, the purchase and use of an Annual Pass must at all times be in accordance with the regulations of each individual Attraction of Merlin Entertainments Group, copies of which are displayed at each Attraction or can be obtained on individual attraction websites, which can be accessed via www.merlinannualpass.com.au. By purchasing an Annual Pass you agree to be bound by and comply with the regulations for each Attraction in respect of your use of your Annual Pass.
MERLIN ANNUAL PASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
AN ANNUAL PASS WILL ONLY BE VALID WHEN IT IS USED AND/OR PRESENTED BY THE PERSON IN WHOSE NAME THE ANNUAL PASS WAS ISSUED (IDENTIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED), IT IS PRESENTED BY A PERSON WHO IS A TRUE LIKENESS TO THE PHOTOGRAPH OF THE PASS HOLDER ON THE ANNUAL PASS, AND THE ANNUAL PASS IS WITHIN THE VALIDITY PERIOD (AS DEFINED IN CLAUSE 6). THE ORIGINAL ISSUED VERSION MUST BE PRESENTED FOR ENTRY AT AN ATTRACTION - PHOTOCOPIES OF AN ANNUAL PASS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ANY USE OF AN ANNUAL PASS IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE RELEVANT ATTRACTION REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE ANNUAL PASS BEING REVOKED WITHOUT COMPENSATION. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, PASS SHARING IS A BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ANY ATTEMPTED USE OF AN ANNUAL PASS BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE VALID PASS HOLDER, REGARDLESS OF REASON, WILL RESULT IN THE ANNUAL PASS BEING REVOKED WITHOUT COMPENSATION TO THE HOLDER.
1. The Merlin Annual Pass may be purchased as an individual Adult Annual Pass (valid for people aged 16 years and over), an individual Child Annual Pass (valid for children aged 4-15 years, or 3-15 years at Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium) or a Family Annual Pass (valid for four or more people with a maximum of two adults aged 16 and over).
2. The Merlin Entertainments Group attractions that are part of the Annual Pass scheme in Australia and New Zealand are: SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds Sydney, Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, SEA LIFE Mooloolaba, Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventure, Otway Fly Treetop Adventure, WILD LIFE Hamilton Island and Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium (each, an “Attraction”).
3. Each Annual Pass purchaser will be issued his or her own Annual Pass and as a condition of purchase, they will be required to supply the following:
3.1 their first name and surname;
3.2 their date of birth;
3.3 their residential address;
3.4 a contact telephone number;
3.5 a contact email address (if they have one); and
3.6 a photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder.
4. The Family Annual Pass option can be purchased for use by four or more people (comprised of a maximum of two people aged 16 years or older).
4.1 Each family member will be issued with his or her own Annual Pass and, for the avoidance of doubt, each family member will be required to supply the details listed in clause 3 and each family member will be considered to be an “Annual Pass holder” for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
5. The purchaser of an Annual Pass must be aged 18 years or over.
6. An Annual Pass entitles each Annual Pass holder to admission to the Attractions for a period of 12 months from the date of issue (“Validity Period”) and may only be used in accordance with the operating calendars of each Attraction and any applicable exclusion dates/events. The ‘valid from’ and ‘valid until’ dates will be printed on the Annual Pass card when issued however an Annual Pass holder is responsible for checking individual Attraction opening and closing dates before visiting.
7. The Merlin Entertainments Group, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the Attractions and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the facilities within the Attractions for any reason including, but not limited to technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Annual Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the Attractions become unavailable or if any or part of any of the Attractions are closed or removed from the Annual Pass scheme.
8. An Annual Pass is only valid for standard entry to the Attractions.
9. To use an Annual Pass for standard entry to an Attraction, the Annual Pass holder must present a valid Annual Pass at the admissions office, turnstile or other authorised entry point of the relevant Attraction.
10. Restrictions apply to the Standard Merlin Annual Pass only including, but not being limited to the following:
10.1 NO entry during School Holiday periods in Australia and New Zealand; and
10.2 NO entry during Public / Bank holidays in Australia and New Zealand.
10.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the restrictions set out in this clause 10 do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass.
11. An Annual Pass is subject to additional charges as advised by Merlin Entertainments Group from time to time for entry into: 11.1.1 any concerts taking place at the Attractions;
11.1.2 any special events taking place at the Attractions;
11.1.3 second gate attractions of the Merlin Entertainments Group, which include but are not limited to; Glass Bottom Boat (SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium), Skywalk (Sydney Tower Eye), Shark Dive Xtreme (Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium, SEA LIFE Melbourne, Aquarium SEA LIFE Mooloolaba), Snorkel Adventure (Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary), Zipline (Otway Fly), Shark Cage (Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium); and
11.1.4 any other event as determined by The Merlin Entertainments Group from time to time in its sole discretion.
12 All Annual Passes remain the property of The Merlin Entertainments Group. Annual Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by any person other than the Annual Pass holder. Access will be denied to an Annual Pass holder to any or all Attractions in the event of fraud or misuse of the Annual Pass. The Annual Pass will be cancelled and withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate in the absolute discretion of The Merlin Entertainments Group. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorised or improper access to any Attraction with an Annual Pass of which they are not the valid Annual Pass holder. For the avoidance of doubt no refund or other consideration (monetary or otherwise) will be given to the Annual Pass holder for cancellation in such circumstances.
13. An Annual Pass that is discovered to have been purchased through illegal methods will be cancelled without compensation.
14. Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the Attractions. The management of the relevant Attraction reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by each Attraction’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the Attraction reaching full capacity.
15. Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry of the Annual Pass holder to any Attraction during peak times.
16. Entry to an Attraction by use of an Annual Pass will not be permitted in the event that a valid Annual Pass cannot be presented for any reason, including, but not being limited to, the Annual Pass being lost, stolen, damaged or forgotten. Failure to present a valid Annual Pass will result in a charge of the “on the day” admission rate applicable to the relevant Attraction, which will be non-refundable.
17. A lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass should be reported to The Merlin Entertainments Group through the Attraction that issued the Annual Pass immediately. Contact details for each Attraction can be found on the Merlin Annual Pass website (www.merlinannualpass.com.au).
18. In the event of a lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass, The Merlin Entertainments Group will re-issue the Annual Pass holder with a replacement Annual Pass. Up to three replacement Annual Passes can be issued during the Validity Period. Replacement Annual Passes will only be issued at the original issuing Attraction to the individual whose details have been provided in accordance with clause 3 and on presentation of identification to confirm the identity of the Annual Pass holder. An administration fee of $20 will be charged for the re-issue of each lost or damaged Annual Pass. The re-issue of stolen Annual Passes will also be subject to the $20 re-issue fee unless the holder can provide the Merlin Entertainments Group with a relevant crime reference number when requesting that the Annual Pass is re-issued.
19. Unless stated otherwise, an Annual Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any other offer, discount or retail/restaurant incentive of an Attraction.
20. Refunds and exchanges of Annual Passes are not available after purchase, other than as required by law in accordance with your statutory rights as a consumer in compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
21. Once an Annual Pass reaches its expiry date the Annual Pass holder will qualify for a special renewal offer provided that he or she renews their Annual Pass within 8 weeks of expiry and is able to present their expired Annual Pass when making the renewal. The Validity Period for the new Annual Pass will commence on the ‘valid until’ date of the expired Annual Pass.
22. An Annual Pass that is not renewed within 8 weeks of expiration will no longer qualify for the renewal rate and the full price of a new Annual Pass will be chargeable.
23. Annual Passes can be used up to and including the ‘valid until’ date.
25. The Merlin Entertainments Group is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Annual Pass at any time and for any reason and may from time to time offer pricing or promotional offers at specific Attractions, online, via telephone or through third party channels.
26. The Merlin Entertainments Group reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions by giving Annual Pass holders no less than 30 days written notice of such variation by using the details provided in accordance with clause 3.
27. On the presentation of an Annual Pass, Annual Pass holders may receive discounts and/or benefits from third parties. Such third parties are subject to change. The Merlin Entertainments Group is entitled to remove and/or withdraw any or all third party discounts and/or benefits in its absolute discretion at any time and for any reason.
28. Merlin Annual Passholders are entitled to a series of passholder rewards. Click here to view full terms and conditions.
For more details about the Merlin Annual Pass please visit www.merlinannualpass.com.au