Unfortunately this experience is closed from 18/3/2020 until further notice.
Shark Cage Adventure
Our most popular adrenaline activity – Shark Cage - is a unique way to get face-to-face with amazing predators of the deep, with nothing but a cage between you and the sharks!
The cage is submerged in our predator tank - home to School, Sand Tiger, Wobbegong and Broadnose Sevengill sharks - so you're guaranteed to have a close encounter of the shark kind, every time. Through the cage's clear Perspex bottom you can marvel at sharks, stingrays and other fish from New Zealand's coastal waters swimming below, or past the mesh walls of the cage - often only feet away.
With no diving experience required, and all the instruction you need from our experienced guides, this snorkel experience is the easiest, safest and most exciting way to meet the often feared predators of the deep! The experience takes approximately 1 hour - 15 minutes of which are spent snorkeling with the sharks. Prior to taking the plunge you will get a behind-the-scenes peek at Kelly Tarlton's before being briefed for your encounter.
Participants will receive a memory card containing underwater videos from their dive at the end of their experience. This offer entitles the Merlin Annual Passholder to a 2 for 1 Shark Cage Snorkel at SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium.
- This experience is strictly subject to availability.
- All participants must be at least 130cm in height and able to swim.
- Children must be over 14 years old.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Advance bookings essential.
- A valid Merlin Annual Pass must be presented to redeem.
- This offer is not transferable and not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.